Friday, March 22, 2024

Duracraft VS-312 Bandsaw restoration (5): final testing fail

 Yesterday I installed the upper and lower blade guides, then mounted the table and did some tests.

  1. The blade guides are worn and need to be rebuilt.  I'm hold off on discussing the blade guides until I start doing their rebuilds. 
  2. The table wasn't hard to install.  
  3. When I tested the saw on random blocks of soft wood, it didn't cut well.  I wonder if I've got the wrong style of saw blade. 
  4. After several minutes of testing the drive wheel started slipping, then stopped working all the way.
  5. I will have to 3D print out a replacement with a smaller size hole and try it again.  I may work on some scheme to add a allen screw locking mechanism.  If I do, hopefully the PLA plastic isn't too soft.



No comments:

Post a Comment