Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Duracraft VS-312 Bandsaw restoration (4): Drive sprocket and belt installed

I did the following work on the Duracraft bandsaw today:
  1. Installed washer shims on the axles of the wheels.  Each pulley required about 0.6 mm of shimming to reduce the side play on of the each wheel on its axle. 
  2. I used silicon grease on each axle to reduce friction and noise.  
  3. I installed urethane bandsaw tires on the wheels.  Not that easy, easier with practice. 
  4. I installed the 56-7/8",    3/8" wide, 6 tpi saw blade.  
  5. I adjusted the tension and blade position using the tension adjustment and camber adjustments on the top wheel.
I ran the saw for about 10 minutes and don't see any problems as yet. 
Now forward to get the blade guides installed. 
Photo of the saw in its current state is below. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment