Monday, January 2, 2023

Flying PigRig (8): Installed in box, ready to test on-air

I 3D printed a cabinet for the Flying PigRig and installed the board and controls and input/outputs. 
When I installed the inserts in the stanoffs, the inserts swelled the standoffs and the inserted got clogged with melted plastics.  It's good enough for now, but maybe later I'll print out another cabinet.  I put in letters on the front and back for control labels, but those didn't work out.  The 2mm letters didn't have enough definition to read well.  Also, the plastic is porous and wicks up any ink or paint, smudging the label in an unsatisfactory way.

At 13.6 volts, the rig outputs about 4 watts of power.  The offset between transmit and receive frequencies is not wide enough, resulting in very low frequency on the received signal at 7030.7 kHz. 

I'll test the rig on an antenna later to see if I can make a QSO.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment