Thursday, December 29, 2022

Flying PigRig (7). Transmitter working

 I was very careful to install the finals correctly,  I read the instructions,  then checked the pinout of the BD139s on the data sheet, then....  then I managed to install them backwards anyway...

The board layout for this PCB is not the best in my opinion.  The holes are too small and the blank area between the pads and the ground plane is to narrow too.   With the small holes, it is impossible to use solder wick to desolder the holes.  The surface tension of the liquid solder holds the solder tightly in the hole and it's a real fight to desolder a part and get it out.  I managed to tear up a land going to one of the finals and had to solder a wire in to replace it. 

At power supply of 13.6 volts, the output to the 50 ohm dummy load is 12.2 volts RMS.  The waveform is shown below.   Power into the load is 3 W. 

After this I'll work on the cabinet.  Gonna make a simple 3D printed cabinet



No comments:

Post a Comment