Sunday, June 19, 2022

Flying PigRig (1): Assembly

 I have a kit that Mike bought that I started assembling today.

The PigRig is a single channel 40 meter device for club use.  The frequency is 7.0307 MHz.   5W output, and CW.  


This shows how far I've gotten on the board assemble so far: 


My eyes are that good anymore, so I have to use a magnifier.  Also a good pair of tweezers helps a lot. I sorted the groups of parts into a plastic parts box I got from Harbor Freight. 

The instructions appear to be pretty nice.  I've been putting in resistors all morning.  I soldered one resistor in the wrong place and had a hard time getting that problem fixed.  I wish I could find the Gerber file for the board so I could look up the location of the each component before installing.  As it is, it's a crowded board with many components and it takes a few minutes to find the location of each component to install it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment