Monday, February 5, 2024

Portable, field day, sota, & pota operations readiness: preliminary planning. Part 2

 


30' Squid Pole with random wire and counterpoise




KA5VZE in operation 


Finally have a break in the weather and set up a QRP portable in my back yard in preparation for a POTA activation.  I picked up a pota stn N4XT, Mike from GA and had a nice 2XQRP chat with Carl, N1CUU from PA.  I'm ready for POTA activation for 2024.  Next stop is either WOTA  (Whales on the Air) in Catoosa, OK, (the famous rt 66 Blue Whale) or Keystone St. Park, Okla.  I've also pondered on setting up at the top of a parking garage and activate it as PGOTA. :-)  The gear is:
  • You Kits HB1B at 4 W
  • Kit built tuner from 4SQRP
  • UNUN
  • AMECO straight key (my novice key)
  • Random wire with counter poise
  • 30' Squid pole

No comments:

Post a Comment