Monday, May 1, 2023

40 meter NE602 DC RX -- 2023 version

 At the request of KA5VZE, AKA "my big brother", I am going to make a replica of my original 1987 "NE602 40 meter RX".   I covered the back story for my 1987 version in the immediately preceding blog post

I have transferred the original design into a KiCad project and produced a new PCB layout on the same size 1.5" by 2" board. The details are shown below.  I will order the boards from PCBWAY this week.

The original schematic is shown below.  Except for the trimmer capacitors, all parts can still be obtained for the RX.  (I guess from 1987 to 2023 makes the original project 35 years ago.  Where did the time go?) 

click to enlarge

For the 2023 version, I've added connectors to facilitate working with the board for testing and mounting in the cabinet.   The new schematic, entered into KiCad is shown below: 

click to enlarge.

The layout for the PCB, shown below is done on a two sided board, with the bottom side serving as the ground plane. The ground plane is cleared out underneath the oscillator circuit in the lower left and under the tuned antenna circuit in the upper left. 

click to enlarge


The KiCad generated 3D view is shown below, with my added annotation.  

click to enlarge

Compare this to the original layout from the 1987 version and you can see both PCBs are similar. 

click to enlarge





No comments:

Post a Comment