Friday, May 24, 2024

12V 7.2AH SLA battery (8): UC2906 charger PCB constructed

 I have received the UC2906 board back from PCBWAY in China.  I've populated the board and am now ready to start testing.  I bought a strip of 1 inch wide by 1 inch thick aluminum from Lowe's and constructed a heat sink for the pass transistor, as can be seen in the photo.

click to enlarge


The circuit itself is a little bit of a challenge to test, since it requires using a SLA battery in various states of charge and discharge to test the various modes of the circuit.  I'm going to stop and design an active load to test the charger with.  I can also make the  active load so I can test other power supply circuit, such as all my Philmore 12V power supplies.  I'll start with a basic circuit as shown from Page 7.52 of the 2023 ARRL Handbook:









No comments:

Post a Comment