Sunday, February 12, 2023

Integrating signal source, 10W amp and filters.

 I am in the process of integrating the components of a homebrew radio station from stuff I've built in the last few weeks.  See the photo below.  Click to enlarge.


  1. On the left is the synthesized Si5153 signal source.  It is presently programmed for 40 meters.  I'm going to operate the system as a transmitter for awhile then add a receiver.  For transmit, I'll add 20 meters to the Si5153 source.  When I add a receiver, I'll either give it a separate Si5153 source, or reprogram the existing Si5153 to generate a separate RX source, which can be used for a direct conversion RX or a superhet. 
  2. In the center of the photo is the 10W amp, I put SMA connectors on the input and BNC connectors on the output. Making the SMA jumpers was a big pain in the butt. So was the BNC cable.  Once I build up a supply of SMA and BNC jumpers I guess things will get easier.
  3. The lowpass LC filters on the right.  I set them in 3D printed carriers that can be dropped into a larger chassis, which I haven't built yet. 
  4. The remaining components for this project are: 1) TX-RX switch, 2) SWR meter, 3) antenna tuner, and finally, a receiver.
Next I'll be working on the TX-RX switch, then the SWR meter. 

1 comment: