Friday, December 8, 2017

4sqrp tuner kit

Just finished the 4sqrp tuner kit and tried it out in my back yard with a random wire and counterpoise attached to a 35 foot squid pole.  All I could tune was the 40 meter band.  I managed to contact Mark Lund WA0RAO in Iowa but only got a 520 rpt.  Today I shortened it to 10meters and removed the counterpoise and was able to tune to 3 bands and made a contact on ea with 2ea 579 and one 449 so I was quite pleased considering the bands of late have been pretty bad.  By the way, I was qrp on all the contacts and managed to dig a 1W qrpp out of the noise. 

This weekend I plan to activate the Keystone Lake Parks on the Air (POTA) with my new qrp portable outfit. 

To see the pics go to this urrl:  http://4sqrp.com/kits/4stuner/4stuner_photopage.html

It is a T-match for random wire or hwef (1/2 wave end fed) antennas.

No comments:

Post a Comment