Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Progress....

So now I have 3 projects going.  1) Fix the o-scope, 2) Fix the Yaesu, and 3) Finish putting down my hardwood floor.   

I have to finish the floor first because we've temporarily moved all the furniture around to clear the room to put down the floor.  I have to use my table saw a lot when laying the floor, because I have to fit the pieces that lay next to the walls. Two weekends ago when I started, my table saw malfunctioned and the power on switch wouldn't turn off.  The contacts in the switch burned and fuzed together.  

All weekend I turned the saw on and off by plugging and unplugging the power cord.  Not very safe!  I tried to order a replacement switch, but Harbor Freight says that manufacturer doesn't make them any more, even though those turkeys are still selling the exact same model of saw on their site right now.  I found some promising safety switches from Grizzley and I'll probably order one of those.  However, when I got home today, I decided to disassemble the switch and clean the contacts. This turned out to be fairly easy to do, though I had a little trouble getting the switch to snap back together again.  Now the saw works...  

So tomorrow, I'll start work finishing the floor...

I found more capacitors that I can use to fix the o-scope, so I'm gathering those up to finish the o-scope repair after finishing the floor.

Then, on to repairing the Yaesu....

No comments:

Post a Comment